Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 4 Favorite

Robert Skaats
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is my 14 month old dragon Braun. He’s a beast and a massive lover for bugs and insects! He’s the most mellowest, coolest, and sweetest dragon you’d ever meet and not to mention he would let EVERYONE hold him and NOT ONCE has he gotten upset, stressed or even puffed on anyone including myself. Some nights when he hangs out with me he’ll fall asleep right on my neck burrowing his way in there!

Angie Adkins
      Participant

He’s very handsome!🤎🐉🤎 I have 3 boys. Two are 6 months old & the baby is 2 months old. My oldest ones are super sweet too, but the new baby is a spitfire. I rescued him from a bad situation. He has 3 fingers that’s been bit off. I said if someone bit my fingers off, I’d be mean too 😂
      This is Rango, & he is 20 inches long already!

Robert Skaats
        Participant

Thank you! He’s very sweet! I just got another one so we’ll see if he has a little brother or a little sister!

Angie Adkins
          Participant

You’re welcome! Aww! That’s so exciting! I have 3 boys! Two are 6 months old & the baby is around 3 months old. They all have such different personalities but equally as sweet! I can’t believe how much bigger one of the older ones is compared to his brother & they’re the same age! I guess just like us, everyone is different. 💙🐉🤎

Zoodulcis

He’s a gorgeous color. He sounds like a really fun dude. Is he your first beardie?

Angie Adkins
        Participant

Thank you so much! I got him & his brother on the same day. They are both 6 months old & my first beardies. On June 14, I rescued a spicy little lad who is around 2-3 months old. His name is Cecil💙 he was at the pet store & was the last one left & I cannot tell you how bad it was. He has 3 fingers that were bitten off & he had no UVB. Just a couple of the many wrongs he was living. He has tamed down 90% since I got him. He hissed & wanted to bite me anytime I was near him but now he is a cuddler just like the big boys!
        Today he shed for the first time & I got a complete shed of his little hand that’s missing fingers. I think that is just precious.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like you’re now a beardie fanatic. Good for you.

I’m not a fan of pet stores, big box or otherwise. They seem to prey upon customers with big hearts that see an animal being abused and buy it for the animal’s sake. The pet usually goes to a really nice, loving home, but the industry just keeps chugging along with its bad old habits. Not sure what the answer is.

Angie Adkins
          Participant

Definitely love me some beardies 😂🦎❤️ It’s just sad. People follow by example, & if it were me, I would certainly want to know anything & everything for good health to pass on to my customers. I realize everyone is not like me tho. Cecil is doing amazing now tho.

Zoodulcis

I know, right?! So Cecil has shed and is doing oh so much better. Good to hear he is thriving.

And of course, there are a few fantastic pet shops out there, with really high standards. Same thing with zoos. But there’s a bunch that give the rest a bad name.

I was chatting with a goat friend about this same phenomenon with livestock. We both acquired some really psychotic does (females) from different bad circumstances. And yeah, we paid money for them, which of course encouraged bad behavior on the part of the seller. And weirdly, neither one of us regretted it. I see from a theoretical perspective, every time we pay to rescue an animal we encourage the industry to continue, like puppy mills, for instance. But from a human perspective, to get an animal that is being abused and then when it thrives under your care so much it exceeds our wildest expectations, well the satisfaction it brings is enormous.

There are no easy answers, but Cecil is happy!

Angie Adkins
          Participant

You are spot on.
          But yes! Cecil is a happy boy & my older boys are too. I feel good knowing that I am giving them a good life. They are spoiled & know how to work mama 🤣 just like this pic of Beans, he had been out several times but nothing doing until he got out again. So this is the face of a little fella who got his way & knew it😆 so proud of himself 😆🐉🤎

Robert Skaats
        Participant

He is! Braun is my first Beardie ever! I was really nervous and we clicked instantly! He’s so sweet. Never been angry once!!! Love handling from everyone even new people! Enjoys being the show!

Zoodulcis

Beardies to seem to enjoy being the center of attention. One of these days I’m going to look up the research on beardie brains to find out why that is!

Angie Adkins
          Participant

I try my best to take the time every couple of days to do research. I am a moderator for a beardie group, so I want to learn all I can to help others also

Zoodulcis

Good on you Angie! I say the more experts, the merrier. Please feel free to chime in at any time on this forum as well.

Angie Adkins
          Participant

Thank you so much! 🐉🤎🐉

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});