Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 5 Favorite

Camdyn Healey
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

We just went bioactive. He’s so proud of his new home

Zoodulcis

Looks awesome! Are you happy with it so far? Most folks find them to be a great improvement maintenance-wise, as long as they have plenty of detrivores at work. Are you using springtails?

Camdyn Healey
        Participant

I’ve only had it for about a week! So maintenance is still high, but it wasn’t the maintenance I was worried about. More so his overall health. He was a rescue and doesn’t have many toes left due to sheds not being handled correctly. Switching to bioactive he’s already went thru a beautiful shed. As I was really struggling with his sheds as well. He has since been more active. And is more comfortable all and all. He doesn’t hide away as much and often takes a nap out in the open. He loves his live plants and loves climbing up and down them. Previously he just mostly hid. Even during dawn and dusk. Now he’s so fun to watch! And yes I have springtails as well as blue powder isopods. And will be adding diary cow isopods as well soon. Just cuz they are so big and cool to look at. I’m def happy with going bioactive. And can’t wait within the next couple of months for it to maintain itself!

Zoodulcis

That is quite a behavioral change. I can see why you are so impressed and pleased. Poor dude, missing toes. Sounds like he is in a much better life spot. Thanks for being so informative about this change, it lets others know that the transition from conventional to bioactive is well worth the extra effort. Plus they look so much more awesome.

ABMoore22
          Participant

I have a few different bioactive biomes and you will continue to see him improve with your new setup! Just make sure to keep an eye on the humidity, they tend to really go up in bioactives. I believe he’s a leopard gecko, so you really dont want him doing over 40% consistently. Unless he’s shedding, of course. So happy for your little guy 🙂

Camdyn Healey
          Participant

Yes the humidity has been the hugest challenge for me. But I finally got it under control after much frustration and worry

Zoodulcis

Just curious, what steps did you take that finally solved the humidity issues?

zeaboo
      Participant

She’s so cute

ChickenMann123
      Participant

Is he… Smiling?

Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});