Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

Kiera Bell
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Parrot or Chameleon

My son and his chameleon. His chameleon is attached to him! No matter how often I help with his care, he loves his boy!

Zoodulcis

That’s funny! They seem attached at the shoulder. Was this pet a gift to your son, or did he earn the money for the purchase himself?

Kiera Bell
        Participant

Yes, he saved his own money for the chameleon, cage, and accessories. Mommy may have helped here or there but VERY little 😉 He needed some non-necessities you know lol

ABMoore22
      Participant

They do seem to attach to one person, usually its the main one to care for them though. Keep up with the handling (but not daily) so as he grows he will continue to enjoy his time out with his human friend. 🙂 Theyre so cute, yours is a little smaller than mine (for now!). He’s got great markings!

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

Hi AB, good to hear from you again. I would like to add to what AB said, yes, they do usually respond to the primary caregiver in a positive way. Yes, do handle, but not too often. Do be patient and consistent in your actions and attitudes toward this pet. Eventually, this chammy may be equally comfortable with all family members, when mature. What a fun journey!!

ABMoore22
          Participant

Yeah, glad to be back. Just been super busy around here. Im back for now though lol

Kiera Bell
        Participant

He gets to “explore” and get held for short spurts usually 2-3 times a week. My son wants to cuddle him like he’s a puppy, but he knows Pascal does his own thing and when he’s done being held he lets him know.

Zoodulcis

Good for you! Letting him take charge and responsibility with guidance has been shown in a number of child development studies to enhance maturity and empathy later in life.

Just curious, how does Pascal let him know when he’s had enough?

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});