Topics Forums Frogs – Pixies, Pacmans, & More! Cricket Contest (:

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 4 Favorite

arushi
      Participant
      Cricket Contest (:

Hi guys! I got my frogs today! The one on the leaf is melon they love their leaves and melon is the one on the bridge they’ve been exploring alll this time! I may have to change my substrate tho… mango has gotten all dirty haha

arushi
      Participant

Ahh i meant mango us the one on the bridge i misstyped.

Zoodulcis

Haha…I figured as much. What sort of substrate are you using that is making the frogs dirty?

arushi
          Participant

Coco fiber.

ABMoore22
        Participant

Are you using coco fiber? It gets stuck on my frogs too, until I mist again and it comes off. Keeping the fiber moist and the tank humid enough helps to avoid this.

arushi
          Participant

Ah yes I am, I do mist it maybe it needs more misting.

arushi
          Participant

Also, sorry to bother, but is food refusal normal? Since both mango & melon like to stay up in the leaves during the day, i tong feed since the crickets could fall and hide in the enclosure. and, the frogs reaction time is slow. they’re not eating. since i got them yesterday they’ve eaten 1 cricket each, and i know that’s not enough but i just can’t get them to eat.

Zoodulcis

Yes, that is normal for reptiles and amphibians who have recently been relocated. They react to that move with a stress response that makes food unappealing for a while. Give them a few more days, and I bet they start chomping vigorously. What has your experience been, AB?

ABMoore22
          Participant

Exactly the same. The only reptiles ive gotten to eat the first week of getting them were my Leopard Gecko and Chameleon. All the others, especially the frogs, took a while longer. They may also not be used to tong feeding yet. Mine still wont tong feed but all my other reptiles will, including the Anoles.

arushi
          Participant

Thank you so much! And I’m assuming the frogs always being in the leaves is common too, since they are tree frog 🙂

Zoodulcis

Yes, and that is actually a good sign.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});