Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 1 Favorite

Crystal Setser
      Participant
      Cricket contest

This is Groot, born March 9th with a curved spine. He’s a hyper little guy even though he has to be syringe fed and hand fed bugs. He is 1 of 70 reptiles that are currently at my home. My house if the local drop off for abused, neglected and special need reptiles. When Groot was with his brothers and sisters he would fall onto his back and not be able to get back onto his belly. Now he climbs small things and runs even at his little size of 6 grams

Zoodulcis

Sounds like he is making a comeback, due to proper care. You think it was prenatal MBD?

Crystal Setser
        Participant

Yes that’s what I’m thinking. He goes to the vet on the 12th to see what they think, he isn’t gaining much weight but eats like a champ when syringe fed. He is very active and I think that maybe why he isn’t gaining so he maybe put on a higher protein diet.

Zoodulcis

At his age, an almost entirely protein diet, plus vitamins and minerals, would be appropriate. Not sure what you can do except put earthworms in a blender. I have heard of people doing that.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});