Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

Candice Russell
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Felipe most definitely loves crickets but a very close second is collard greens. He gets super excited to get them.

Zoodulcis

That hilarious!! He does look super excited. Maybe this photo can be used to entice human children to enjoy their greens. Do you dust his greens with anything?

Candice Russell
        Participant

Right like look he eats his greens so they must be yummy lol I don’t dust the greens with anything I just spray them with water to help with hydration. I dust the crickets and worms he eats with calcium powder.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like a smart approach. What made you want to get a beardie?

Candice Russell
          Participant

I’ve always wanted but never took the plunge. My boyfriend was talking about his past chameleons and I mentioned wanting a beardie and he said let’s do it. So more of a now or never thing and ended up getting Felipe in October 2020. He is definitely a character and I’m really glad I got him.

Zoodulcis

They do add a lot to our lives! So your boyfriend is a chameleon fancier. Is he active on this forum?

Candice Russell
          Participant

Hey likes them both but prolly leans more toward the chameleon lol he did get a veiled chameleon in November 2020, his name is Pepito. This is a pic of when we got him. He isn’t active on the forum.

Zoodulcis

Pepito is lovely. He looks like he wants to get out and join the Christmas festivities. So he was acquired as an adult?

Candice Russell
          Participant

Oh he actually escaped and made it to the top of the Christmas tree once lol we were told he was about 6 months old when we got him.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like quite the ‘social’ climber. Was Pepito a rescue, or did he come from a breeder? Do you let Felipe out to roam from time to time?

Candice Russell
          Participant

Ooh Pepito is a character lol the pic is from when we found him in the tree. We got Pepito from a flea market in the valley. There was a gentlemen selling a whole bunch of them. Felipe does come out from time to time to run around either inside or outside. I love watching him run it’s just the neatest.

Zoodulcis

The is such a funny picture it should be a screen saver. You must just about have died laughin’. I bet Felipe makes the most of his leg stretching time. Does he ever get himself into a spot in the house you wish he didn’t?

Candice Russell
          Participant

I wasn’t there when it happened but the picture is just priceless. I love it lol Felipe does love to run around when he gets the chance and he hasn’t gotten into a tricky spot just yet but I usually hang out with him while he’s out so that he doesn’t get caught anywhere bad. He doesn’t like the grass tho lol

Zoodulcis

He doesn’t like grass! So many beardies just love being on a lawn. They are so individual it never ceases to amaze me.

Candice Russell
          Participant

Ya if you put him in the grass he just stands there and won’t move lol

Zoodulcis

What a silly boy! But maybe he feels he has to be able to see the road ahead. I assume he’s pretty speedy around the house.

Candice Russell
          Participant

Ooh yes he’s very quick.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});