Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 4 Favorite

ashlestyle
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Our boy Terry. He is a 1 year old that doesn’t really like to be held, but loves to walk on your shoulder and be carried to his favorite window perch. Sometimes you have to coax him with crickets to get him from his window perch back to his cage. He is a good boy, just has a grumpy old man demeanor lol.

Zoodulcis

These guys all have unique personalities, don’t they? Some love to be handled, and some are just as grumpy as your guy. How old is he?

ashlestyle
        Participant

They sure do! He is a little over a year old.

Zoodulcis

Have you had him more or less his whole life? Like from the time he was two or three months old?

ashlestyle
          Participant

Yes, we have had him since he was tiny, I would guess 2 months old.

ABMoore22
      Participant

He’s cute. Mines demeanor is similar. Loves exploring and coming out on your hand for food, but once the foods gone wants to go back to his cage or window plant. Though, looking at yours..I wonder if mines a little chunky! lol. He’s a tiny bit rounder than yours and we believe him to be about 6 months now.

ashlestyle
        Participant

Yep, that’s exactly how Terry is lol. As soon as the food gone he is like “byeeeee”

He actually belongs to my son and he is pretty strict with his diet and the crickets diet. Apparently these guys have a tendency to get chunky. Every now and then my son will let him have a treat. Lol

ABMoore22
          Participant

Yes! lol. Ours is technically my fiance’s but i do most of the care and interactions, so I get it. But thats good to know, i hadnt heard about them being prone to weight so thanks for the info. We normally try to stick to healthier bugs but we’re getting him used to being out and about and I use wax worms (super fatty, i know) as positive reinforcement. So he’s getting at least a few of those a week, just for right now. lol

Zoodulcis

Your son is correct to monitor diet. Obesity is never good for their longevity.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});