• Author
    Posts 5 Favorite

Eunice Flores
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

“SEND ME SOME CRICKETS OR I’LL EAT THE FISH!!”

ABMoore22
      Participant

This is too cute. He does look like he’s willing to give it a go.

Zoodulcis

Here fishy, fishy. Lizard television. How old is he?

Eunice Flores
        Participant

He’s about 8months old. 😊

Zoodulcis

He looks like he’s doing really well. Is he a good eater who enjoys a variety of foods?

Eunice Flores
          Participant

Unfortunately he is a picky eater. He will only eat Superworms, Large Crickets and hornworms. We gotta starve him a little bit to get him to eat his greens and he will only eat Collard greens, Turnip greens and Mustard greens when it comes to his veggies. And we gotta always give him his greens first before we give him bugs or he will fill up on bugs and won’t touch the greens. He eats about an average of 30 Crickets and 20 Superworms a day if we have it. His appetite gets expensive. LOL

Zoodulcis

Actually, you may find that his preferences begin to change in the next few weeks. As he nears sexual maturity, his growth rate will slow and greens will be more appealing to him. The greens you are providing are perfect and getting him to eat his salad first in clever. What do you supplement him with in the way of vitamins and minerals?

Eunice Flores
          Participant

I dust all his bugs with calcium and once a week with vitamins plus what he gets from the greens.

Zoodulcis

Sounds good. What do you gut load his insects with? That is a step many people overlook. I am a fan of this step because it’s a low maintenance guarantee of good nutrition. I am so all about efficiency and peace of mind, it’s just my jam.

Eunice Flores
        Participant
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Eunice Flores.

Eunice Flores
          Participant

I gut load my crickets and Superworms with fresh fruit and veggies, that way they have the vitamins and other stuff inside them from the foods they eat that my dragon won’t eat.

Zoodulcis

Always a good plan. So no powdered supplements of any kind?

Eunice Flores
          Participant

Sorry for the late response, been busy. Yes i do give him calcium in powder form dusted on his food.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like your guy has it all!! Good for you. Any other reptiles?

Eunice Flores
          Participant

Yes we try to keep up with his diet and keep him happy. No we don’t have anymore reptiles, but i do want a snake. Will get one when we can afford one.

Zoodulcis

Ball pythons are always an excellent choice.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});