Topics Forums Everything Else Cricket contest

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 5 Favorite

tiffanymarie
      Participant
      Cricket contest

My chickens & turkeys love crickets! My silkie hen pictured has took in 3 new bronze turkeys & 3 new broad breasted white turkeys along with her own silkie chicks she’s hatched! She’s an amazing mom & they look forward to their daily crickets!! Tanks y’all!!

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

wow!  This may be the first turkey post we’ve ever seen!  i don’t know much about turkeys, but if they’re breeding, they must be well taken care of!

tiffanymarie
      Participant

The turkeys are growing like weeds and love individual time with mommy!

Zoodulcis

Tiffany Marie, aren’t silkies just the most wonderful of chickens.  Gentle and beautiful, and what good mothers they are!  I had a small black hen that liked nothing better than to fall asleep on the back of a goat dozing in the sun.  Such a Kodak moment.  And turkey poults chasing crickets are truly hysterical.  Are you raising turkeys for fun, as grasshopper eaters, for the dinner table?

tiffanymarie
        Participant

I literally just have them for pets. They’re just precious!!! 😍 thank you!!

Zoodulcis

I have found that tom turkeys are very affectionate companions when older.  They love to strut and show off for their human companions and even like putting on airs for strange human ladies!  The females seem a little less friendly to me, but still interesting.  Do you know the sex of your poults?

MisfitCritterCo
      Participant

What a sweetheart! My rescue Silky Marshmellow actually tried to help incubate/care for an injured pot bellied piglet (that was like 20lbs already). She just laid ontop of her and would bite your hands bloody if you tried to mess with Josie (the pig). Such caring little fluff balls.

Zoodulcis

Oh my goodness, brooding a potbellied piglet.  Now that is mother love.  I wonder if anyone has ever compared the oxytocin levels of a silkie’s brain with that of other commonly raised poultry breeds?  Speaking of oxytocin in the bird brain, may I suggest that you read the thread  between myself and misfitcritterco on this forum concerning her personal relationship with her special bird.  You might find it quite uplifting, I know that I did.

Viewing 6 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});