Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Kourtney
      Participant
      Cricket contest

This is Drogon my bearded dragon with his friend Mouse the cat.. they love to cuddle in Drogon’s terrarium under the heat.

Zoodulcis

This gets my vote for cutest picture this month so far. Have they always been this friendly with each other?

Kourtney
        Participant

Oh yes. They love each other and fight like siblings. Absolutely hilarious

Zoodulcis

Fight how, exactly? Over food, heat lamp space? The kitty has the beardie outgunned, so I am curious as to what goes on that allows disagreements with no injuries.

Kourtney
          Participant

Oh, by fight i mean they play around. Drogon chases mouse’s tail and will bite it. Mouse will run up and jump at him, but its all just fun. All three of my cats get along with all of my reptiles. I let most of them roam the house and in 8 years, there’s never been an issue.

Zoodulcis

That is quite an accomplishment! I have two calico sisters and they mock fight and every so often, someone gets bit a little too hard. That is so sweet that all of your cats are gentle with the reptiles. What other reptile pets do you have?

Kourtney
          Participant

I know, ita pretty crazy how they all get along. I’ve got 3 cats, 5 beardies, a Russian tortoise, a bunny, and 4 different snakes.

Zoodulcis

5 Beardies!! No wonder you need to win the cricket contest. Even that probably isn’t quite enough. How many crickets do 5 beardies eat in a month?

Kourtney
          Participant

Oh gosh, I bought 500 the end of last month and they are definitely gone already. One is really young, so she eats a ton of them. I also have some frogs and salamanders who get the as well haha

Zoodulcis

Good Lord…that does add up. Have you ever thought of raising dubia roaches?

Kourtney
          Participant

I have, but they freak me out. I know thats weird considering the assortof reptiles I own lol

Zoodulcis

Oh now that is funny. I wonder how you would feel about giant hissing roaches. Some people keep them as pets!

When did you start reptile keeping?

Kourtney
          Participant

Oh nope haha. I can handle all of the others bugs, but they freak me out that they stick… it feels like velcro. I’ve had reptiles for about 10 years now.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});