Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Ruth
      Participant
      Cricket contest

Here’s another Leo buddy, she hides a lot til she hears the lid open. She’s the funniest because when I have the mealworms in the dish, she will miss it a few times before she grabs them. But crickets, she’s fast, never misses them.

Zoodulcis

That is odd behavior. Maybe her little brain responds best to rapid movement, less to squiggly movement. Do you think that’s possible?

Ruth
        Participant

I don’t know. I was thinking it may be the dish they were in I had calcium in the dish the worms on top. Maybe it just threw her off. But their tank is getting a upgrade and it’s going to be way different. I was always scared to give them superworms. I did that years ago only to come home and find my jungle gecko with holes in her. So I never fed them to anything else since then. But maybe the small meals are too small…I was giving them crux only with some wax worms. But they need more of a variety.

Zoodulcis

What’s this about superworms and holes in a gecko?!! Did the worms do it?

Ruth
          Participant

Yes, but I think they were a little too young. I used to just throw some in and leave for work. I learned my lesson that day. I did tong feed them superworms today, they were good with them. A lot easier then tiny mealworms….

Zoodulcis

Oh I bet! Did the chewed on animal recover fully?

Ruth
          Participant

No he had perfect holes through his head, eyes, etc…I was so upset. He was my first expensive lizard because jungle morphs were new. And he was gorgeous.

Zoodulcis

Oh God, that is truly horrible. That sight after a hard day’s work would have given me nightmares for years.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});