Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Ruth
      Participant
      Cricket contest

Yo Smokey, get on back I heard crickets are coming.
      I actually took in 3 beardies, due to lack of everything before I got them. Now they are just fine. I do use sand but take them out to feed them individually. In the beginning I was force feeding wax worms, soaking them in warm water, til they started eating themselves then move on to pinhead crickets. Now crickets don’t last a second when I feed them. They are actually way smaller then they should be. But very spoiled now.

Ruth
      Participant

Btw… their names are Smokey Bandit, and junior. We were watching the movie when we got the call to pick them up

Zoodulcis

Good for you Ruth.

There is research to indicate that they may eventually reach their full growth, but due to their previous neglect, it may take longer. Because of that same neglect, the potential for MBD will still be present for several more weeks. You do faithfully dust their prey items with Calcium with D3, I presume?

Ruth
        Participant

Oh yes, I have everything they need. When it’s warm out they also have a enclosure out back when I’m out there doing gardening I have them out as well as my conure Jack. I’ve been wanting to try soldier flies larva, but I don’t really like them myself…but I may start doing some Dubia roaches, but they are a little expensive. But I’m looking into raising my own. I did read about them growing to full potential, I’m just glad there’re running around with their head held high. They were so lethargic

Zoodulcis

If they are still lethargic, then dubia roaches might indeed be the way to go. Otherwise it sounds like they have an awesome set up, especially that outside enclosure.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});