Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Ruth
      Participant
      Cricket contest

This is Frank and Louie, getting ready for there’re smorgasbord. Slowest eaters in my crew. So funny. But they love crickets, wax worms are a treat. Horned worms are their favorite. They would eat super worms but they don’t get them much. They love to hang around on a vine, watching me and waiting to eat. I named them after the Budweiser commercial. But they are male and female. I have separate cages just in case the male gets too aggressive but he’s fine.

Zoodulcis

Man are they both some beauties!! How long have you had these guys?

Ruth
        Participant

They are another rescue kinda…I worked in a pet store for over 10 years, so we have a lot of unwanted or unhealthy reptiles, mammals, etc. we had these guys for about 1 1/2 now. The guy took very good care of them but was leaving the state, so he asked me to take them. So yes we’re the go to for everything. My hubby and me both love all kind of critters.

Zoodulcis

That sounds very fulfilling. Glad these guys were in good shape when you got them. Do you think you will attempt to breed them one day, or do you already have so many critters to care for that baby chams would just be too much?

Ruth
          Participant

No, I’m interested in breeding the Leo’s…..they are a little easier to house them, smaller enclosures…less lighting requirements…I’m also interested in emerald swifts. I had 1 when I got my first job in the pet trade. Around 30 years ago. And unfortunately then I woke up to 4 babies hopping around the tank. I was shocked. But wasn’t educated enough to care for them, so they didn’t last long. But I would love the opportunity to raise them now

Zoodulcis

I just wondered about the chams because the male has an almost pope-worthy headdress. I know little about emerald swifts. What is it about them that attracts you to breeding them?

Ruth
          Participant

Well, they are viviparous which means they have live babies. And they are so freaking cute! The size of your pinkie.

Zoodulcis

I love that word…viviparous. As a zoologist I know what it means, but I love to see someone on the forum use it!

ABMoore22
      Participant

Hey, I know this is an older post, but do you mind giving me some info on chameleon care? I know the basics and ive done a fair amount of research, but I prefer to learn from people who are well at it and yours look absolutely great (as do all the pets in your posts ive seen). If you’re interested in sharing any tips please respond here or on my post asking questions about Jackson Chameleon’s. Thank you for your time.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});