Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Amy
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Here is Mozzi, I brought him home from the store a year ago today. He has gotten so big, and he is the king of moms home made mountain. Happy Birthday Mozzi, here are some crickets 🦗🦗🦗

BM22
      Participant

I love your enclosure. Homemade from Styrofoam, right? And he’s so pretty.

Amy
        Participant

Thank you, yes it is made from Styrofoam. Very messy but it was fun. And I’m so glad he uses it.

BM22
          Participant

I make custom backdrops and caves myself, so i get it. Thats the best part of a new tank in my opinion (besides watching the pet explore it). It looks great. What did you use over the styrofoam, grout? Im curious because I use clear silicone and sand or cocofiber, but i like the look of yours.

Amy
          Participant

Thank you. I took the easy way out and used Rust-oleum’s stone textured finish.

Attachments:

BM22
          Participant

Oh awesome. Great idea. Ill have to try that sometime. Thanks so much.

Zoodulcis

Good to know. I hate to admit how many Rustoleum products I use for things like that. Nothing wrong with the easy way if it works!
          Where did you get the idea for this?

Amy
          Participant

I looked on Pinterest to get some ideas for how I wanted to build it. instead of using what they suggested on some of them, I decided that I would just spray paint it all one color. And then I found the one that was textured like stone. They have a few colors, but this was the one that most matched for this project. And the quickest, LOL.

Zoodulcis

Don’t ya just love Pinterest. An interior designers go to. If you had to do it all over again, are there any changes you would make or features you would alter?

Zoodulcis

That really is a very ‘crafty’ set up. I too am curious about the coating on the outside of the mountain and it’s ledges.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});