Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Lori Moffet
      Participant
      Cricket contest

Hello , my name is Albert , I’m the most chill bearded dragon around . I love to spend time in my pool ( it’s HOT in Florida ) eat crickets , eat super worms and watch tv with my family . I’m so grateful they rescued me 4 years ago because I was so lonely, the kids forgot about me 😔 but now life is good

Zoodulcis

Life looks good and so do you! It is lucky that you eventually were selected by a loving family. How old are you now?

Lori Moffet
        Participant

While we can’t be 100% sure , we believe he is now around 6 years old . He was also caged with others as a young tyke and lost his tail , but we love his nubby tail and think it gives him character, not that he needs it lol

Zoodulcis

Sounds like he really got lucky with you guys. I sure wish more pet owners were like you all, but sadly, that is so often not the case. I bet he eats his fair share of crickets every week. Does he have favorite veggies at all?

Lori Moffet
          Participant

Thank you !!! I never in my wildest dreams thought I’d have a reptile 🦎 but now that we do I can’t imagine our life without him . He brings us so much joy . We are the lucky ones indeed . And yes , he’s not a huge green eater , believe me I’ve spent a ton of money trying everything but his favorite and is a staple in our house is collard greens . He will eat turnip greens but he prefers collards ( he’s definitely a southern boy like his momma lol )

Zoodulcis

Well both of those greens are super good for him, better than kale. I assume you dust everything religiously and gut-load his crickets. What do you use?

Lori Moffet
          Participant

Oh definitely, it’s funny thinking back because when we got him I had no idea what to do . So I joined a beardie group on Facebook and got a ton of good info . When we got him they had literally been feeding him freeze dried worms and said he didn’t eat fruit or veggies , of course I knew right away his diet was poor, so I would shop every week and buy an assortment of fruits and veggies to try . Nothing , not even a nibble . I’d go to pet store up the road and buy crickets and super worms and he’d just stare at them . It probably took him a month to actually try something , always licking it first lol . The day he finally ate was the happiest day ever .

Zoodulcis

I bet it felt like a triumph and you could stop worrying. So what do you use as a gutload?

Lori Moffet
          Participant

YES !! Omg I was so worried he was going to die from starvation . I use veggies mostly, potatoes , carrots , greens are usually my go to .

Zoodulcis

No Flukers or the homemade gutload recommended in the beardie care guide on this site? No calcium with D3?

Lori Moffet
          Participant

Oh lol yes , I use that with D3 too sorry , I’m literally still in bed drinking coffee , apparently I need another cup lol

Zoodulcis

🤣 I spend an hour in bed drinking coffee every morning myself!

Lori Moffet
          Participant

Haha that’s basically me lol

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});