Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket Contest

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Alleah
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is Gloria (named after the hippo from Madagascar)! She is an Eclipse morph Leopard Gecko, which is why she looks cross eyed! She is the most sweet and loving leopard gecko I have ever had. Her favorite thing to do is hide under someone’s sleeve and sleep the day away! I just recently got her so everyday I am learning more about her awesome personality.

Attachments:

BM22
      Participant

She is adorable! Ours loves to hang out in sleeves and hoodie pockets too! lol

Alleah
        Participant

Thank you! Leos are the best!

Jessy
      Participant

Her eyes are so cool!

Alleah
        Participant

Thank you!

Zoodulcis

She looks so happy and engaged. Is it typical of that morph to have eyes that appear to be crossed?

BM22
        Participant

Im pretty sure they have a recessive gene for completely black eyes, so sometimes theyre born with half black, half normal. Split down the middle.

Alleah
        Participant

Thank you! Yes! Eclipse morphs have a gene for all black eyes but sometimes they end up just being half black so it makes them look cross eyed.

Zoodulcis

That’s hilarious and utterly charming. Do Eclipses tend to have any bad genetic anomalies that might affect the nervous system, or are they safe from that?

BM22
          Participant

That’s mainly geckos with Enigma Morph. All morphs are susceptible to issues like those, but it mostly shows up in Enigma’s.

Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});