Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 1 Favorite

ryan
      Participant
      Cricket contest

This is Pluto’s smile after he gets some crickets! Especially when he gets to hunt them outside like his wild counterparts. Hopefully he can win some more crickets to give him a smile!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by ryan.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

What a happy dude! I bet he loves soaking in the sun. Have you noticed him start to slow down? Many bearded dragons start to get ready to brumate this time of year.

ryan
        Participant

Yes, he is going to bed earlier each day and eating less. I was wondering if he was going to go into brumation because he is only eight months old but he is going!

Zoodulcis

Wow he does look pleased. Great photo. Does he have a designated hunting area in the back yard?

ryan
        Participant

Sometimes we’ll let him hunt in the screened-in part. We live in Arizona with a lot of bobcats, coyotes, and hawks that might pick him up in an instant if he goes outside of the screened area. He does love hunting outside though

Zoodulcis

You’re smart to give him a safe place to hunt and lounge. It would be heart-breaking to see a hawk carrying off your dear friend. I hear it’s been hot down that way. Is that affecting his desire to be outdoors? Is it offsetting his brumation urges or is he proceeding with slowing down regardless of the weather?

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});