Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket contest

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Michael
      Participant

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Chester has some snappy patterns! Is he on the prowl for some grub? Looks like the tub to his left is housing some feeders. Where did you get him? Would you recommend the breeder?

Michael
        Participant

I got him from feeders supply witch after recent research I don’t feel comfortable supporting them anymore but the container to his left is a humidity box fore shedding I’m going to but and actual rock cave and make that into a new one that’s just temporary

Zoodulcis

Chester is lovely. Were you happy with his body condition when you got him? What concerns do you have about the breeder, it may help other forum members sift through the many options out there, some of which are great, and others, not so much.

Michael
        Participant

Well he’s in grate condition I’ve just heard some bad and questionable thing about big companies selling animals like feeders supply but everything is going good he seems to be in excellent shape and thank you

Zoodulcis

Good to know. Yes, big companies do cut corners and are getting a bad reputation for animal care and business practices and ethics. Glad that Chester has not suffered and is thriving. How long have you had him?

Michael
          Participant

I’ve had him for about a week now

BM22
      Participant

He looks good! Id love to see how his coloring changes the next few weeks/months! Its so fun to watch the differences with each shed. I got mine from a large pet company too so I understand why/how you changed your mind on supporting them.

Mine was a little thin and his tail hadn’t fattened up yet. If you’re interested, I used a schedule of calcium powder and vitamin/mineral powder on Crickets, Wax Worms and Mealworms. A mixture of bugs and use of powders make all the difference. Along with daily handling and he’ll end up super friendly.

Michael
        Participant

I would love to hear what you didn’t and I try to handling him I like to wait till at least 5:30 to 6:00 pm so he can get all the sleep he needs and I’m always researching more and more to give him the best

BM22
          Participant

Im sure youre doing great then if youre researching, evening is best for handling them. I like to feed mine first too. Mine wasnt super scared when i got him but i placed him in a large tupperware (his tank has too many hiding spots) and just placed my hand next to him so he could get used to it or use it to hide. Then picked him up (I lay my hand flat then touch his back legs to get him to walk on my hand on his own) after about 10-15 mins of that when he was calm, place one hand in front of the other as he tries to walk off your hands, like an escalator. The Youtube channel ‘Leopard Gecko’ has GREAT info on anything you’d need. You’ll love all the great info.

Id say the most important things are your powders. Calcium (without d3), Vitamins & minerals (with d3), humidity at 30-40%, no sand, 1 humid hide, heat mat and uvb/uva heat bulb (that’s debated but mines done better with this light added). I like to add 2 more hides too. One on warm side next to humid hide, one on cool side. (ill add pic of tank)

Mine loves being in hoodie pockets or large sleeves too when we’re spending time with him. Hope this helps.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});