Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Keri Olsen
      Participant
      Cricket contest

Every month we take a picture of Scooby (hatched 5/12/20) on the container he came in. It’s hard to believe that he fit inside that late June! It’s pretty obvious he eats well lol and loves his crickets.

Keri Olsen
      Participant

This was the day we got him. We are always amazed at the changes

CritterDepot
        Keymaster

It’s amazing how quickly they develop and grow. What kind of diet do you have him on?

Keri Olsen
          Participant

Critter depot crickets of course.

He gets greens and veggies in the morning about an hour before crickets. The last month he has finally started to show obvious interest in his salads. We used to have to drop his crickets into the greens to entice an accidental bit of greens here and there lol

He gets gut loaded crickets twice a day with either calcium or calcium and vitamins dusted on them.

He has been a piggy about crickets from day one which led to being named Scooby Doo

We tried getting crickets from local let store when we first got them but the sizes were way off. I found critter depot and we have slowly been moving up through the sizes. Your site has the best descriptions of each size.

CritterDepot
          Keymaster

That’s great! We appreciate the opportunity to be your vendor. Crickets are a good feeder because they offer a nice balance of protein and fat. But if Scooby’s looking for some variety, we really think Black Soldier Fly Larvae are a great alternative. They have a nice balance of protein and fat, have less fiber than crickets (which makes them easier to digest). But BSFL have an excellent amount of calcium, and they actually don’t need to be dusted. here’s a comparison summarizing the difference between the 2 feeders:

Either way, you’re doing a great job caring for Scooby!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by CritterDepot.

Keri Olsen
          Participant

We have tried bsfl from critter depot and scooby loved them but after having both I found crickets easier to maintain. I’m kind of “one with the crickets” now and we have figured out the balance in how many to order and how to keep them alive to space out our order. The bfsl were a bit harder for me to keep at the right stage of development while scooby ate through our order. I think they will be on our order list for when he is bigger and I can keep a smaller amount on hand.

Zoodulcis

Hey Keri!

My how Scooby has grown. I guess that’s what happens when you snarf down crickets constantly. Remember, in order to win those crickets, get all of your friends to give Scooby a critter gold. Looks like you’re going to need them!

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});