Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Marshallee Williams
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is my babygirl Toady! She’s an Eastern American Toad with a BIG personality full of sass and confidence. With an appetite that can not be satisfied, she wants only one thing…a years worth of crickets… X3

Zoodulcis

She looks like a real character. Is she wild-caught?

Marshallee Williams
        Participant

Oops, sorry for the late reply! Yes, she is. She kept breaking into our closed off porch no matter how many times I put her out and we have a cat so I took her in since I didn’t want her to get hurt/eaten, and I’ve had experience with amphibians and knew how to take proper care of her. ^-^

Zoodulcis

Hah…I know how that goes. Once I caught a little rattlesnake on our porch in San Diego. The little thang was being terrorized by our slow, fat ginger cat. Knowing the snake would eventually win, I picked the snake up, in well-rehearsed San Diego Zoo reptile handling style, and got them both out of each other’s grill. So pleased was I, that I took the little thing, wrapped around my wrist with fangs gleaming, into my house to show my parents. Such is the hubris of 12-year-old girls. They were not amused. Even though my father was a keeper at the zoo, he made me take the snake outside and throw it down, where he chopped it up into little bits. I remember that to this day, not with fondness. The little snake had done nothing to deserve such treatment. But parents, sheeesh, what are ya gonna do? Still, after 40 years, the injustice haunts me. Good for you for rescuing and nurturing an interesting creature that will offer you much enjoyment.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});