Topics Forums Everything Else Cricket Contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Tori
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is Cricket and she loves her bugs! She would love to win some for her name sake!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Tori.

Zoodulcis

That’s one relaxed and trusting little hog. How long have you had her?

Tori
        Participant

2 weeks. I try to spend a lot of time with her. She bonded really quickly!

Zoodulcis

Good Lord…that is fast. How old is she and was she handled frequently by a previous owner?

Tori
          Participant

She is 7-8 weeks. I got her right when she weaned. She was held a few minutes here and there by the breeder but not much as she had several litters and a bunch of other animals to handle. I think I also just got really lucky with her personality.

Zoodulcis

I think that must be true about her personality. How delightful for you. Is she your first hog?

Tori
          Participant

No, my last one was a rescue though and he was not socialized at all. He came from a bad neglectful situation and it took him a couple months to finally come around to being relaxed. He eventually came out of his ball but only really relaxed around me. Unfortunately, I had to put him to sleep due to Wobble Syndrome after only having him a few months. That was a devastating blow for me since he had just gotten social with me.

Zoodulcis

It must have been heartbreaking to watch that deterioration taking place. Thankfully, none of my hogs has ever had this.

Tori
          Participant

It really was. I was very careful about learning Cricket’s background to avoid having to go through it again. I was raised on a farm so losing animals is a part of it but he was so hard because I had spent so much time with him trying to socialize him.

Zoodulcis

Was he an albino?

Tori
          Participant

No. He was a pinto but only with one white spot, mostly salt and pepper colored.

Zoodulcis

Interesting that he was nearly a genetic wild type and yet still was predisposed to that ailment. It really does pay to know the genetics and the bloodlines of these little guys.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});