Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket contest

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Zoodulcis 1 week ago.

• Author
    Posts 2 Favorite
    jamerose2
    Participant
    Cricket contest

Who says lizards can’t smile?? I get a smile everyday!!

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Avatar jamerose2.
    Zoodulcis

That is one of the things I love most about Leos. Seeing that face makes people smile too! How old is he/she?

jamerose2
      Participant

He is 10 months old. His name is Sunny because of his yellowish coloring. And he is the most friendly, lovey gecko I’ve ever been around. When I get him out, he just hangs out on me or he’ll go explore a little bit then come right back to me. And he smiles at me all the time. Whenever I go in his room, and start talking, he’ll come out of his hidey and smile at me while I talk to him.

Zoodulcis

Sunny seems to fit his personality as well! I bet he is a lot of company for you. I take it he is not your first gecko?

jamerose2
        Participant

Yes, he keeps me company every night. My family goes to sleep and I go in his room to feed him then he comes out of his cage for a little bit to hang out with me and explore a little. He actually is my very first lizard and I love him to pieces!!!

Zoodulcis

He sounds like an ideal first lizard companion. What made you decide on a leo instead of a beardie or other species?

jamerose2
        Participant

My son bought a leopard gecko and I just fell in love with him and his little personality. And one day I just decided I wanted to get one for myself. So I went and looked and I really liked the colors of the albino, so that’s what I went with.

Zoodulcis

Well he’s a real sweet-heart.

How many crickets does he eat each month?

jamerose2
        Participant

He is a huge sweetheart!! He eats about 8-10 crickets every night. So around 300/month.

Zoodulcis

Soundsa well fed but not too much so. Do you take him out and handle hiim pretty much daily?