Topics Forums Lizards cricket contest

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Zoodulcis 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    Posts 1 Favorite
    Dallis L Rose
    Participant
    cricket contest

mom where is our crickets

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Avatar Dallis L Rose.
    Zoodulcis

Looking high and low for those tasty items. These are giant day geckos?

Dallis L Rose
      Participant

Yes last month i sent the picture of one popping his head out of the egg

Zoodulcis

Yeah that picture is one of the best. So this is those same two?

Dallis L Rose
        Participant

im not sure if it the exact same two, there was a few new babies that week but these two are little posers they are always first to the feeding area

Zoodulcis

Sounds like you are able to detect personality differences right from the beginning. Is that so?

Dallis L Rose
        Participant

giant day geckos defiantly have different curiosity and fear levels some run to the front for food and will watch what ever you are doing, including come right over and lick my fingers if im in there enclosure others are a bit more shy and just peek out from behind

Zoodulcis

That must be really fun to observe. Do future owners who buy from you tend to prefer the bolder ones?

Dallis L Rose
        Participant

Everyone selects for different reasons but a lot select based on looks since they are not a hold it pet they are a display pet.

Zoodulcis

Makes sense. I am surprised they choose any particular one based on looks, because I would guess they all look pretty much alike and are all equally gorgeous.

Dallis L Rose
        Participant

I geuss it is like twins mom can tell them apart, they have different shaped heads some have pointy noses and some are stubby some have dots and others have bars across there backs then there is the whole color thing shades of green and/or blue. the picture i posted last time is a big male with bars and tint of blue

Zoodulcis

So guess being an observant parent helps! Do buyers have a preference for males or females, or differing sizes?