Topics Forums Crested Geckos Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite
      Cricket Contest

This is my 1 month old Crested Gecko. Currently, he/she resides in a critter keeper due to being so small. Hopefully, a year supply of feeders can help with getting my gecko to gain some weight and size.

Jack
      Participant

Your gecko is still tiny! Crickets should help hehe

Zoodulcis

How do you like the critter keeper so far? More importantly, how much does your gecko like it?

I like that I can find the gecko easily, which makes viewing very enjoyable. I can hear him/her jump around at night, so I really want to give more space for him/her to explore. I feel like 1 month old is still to small to move into the 18x18x24 enclosure. Thanks for commenting!

Zoodulcis

So you like it very well, but you’re convinced he/isn’t crazy about and thinks it might be too small. When do you think you will upgrade and when you do, will it be bioactive, or more conventional?

Rosos
          Participant

The general consensus on the research my boyfriend has seen is around 10-15 grams. Our gecko is around 3-4 grams so just a little bit longer in the critter keeper. The enclosure in the background of the picture is the enclosure for it. It’s semi-bioactive. It has fake plants, but isopods and springtails already inside.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Rosos. Reason: Little less confusing

Like she said, we’re planning around 10 grams to move it in the larger enclosure. It’s just way too small to go into such a large enclosure, we would never see him/her again.

If you have any tips on how to accelerate the growth rate, Rosos and I would really appreciate it.

Zoodulcis

No earth-shattering tips. Just food, food, food and lots of calcium and D3.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});