Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest – Winner!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 20 Favorite

DaxWulf
      Participant
      Cricket Contest – Winner!

This is Eros! He has a rather large personality for such a small dragon and is quite the diva when it comes to eating. Usually he will only eat insects if he is being hand(tweezer) fed and you tease him in just the right way. However, crickets are the exception to that as he absolutely loves to chase them all over his cage. If one manages to slip into a hiding spot, he will sit there and wait for it to come out so that he can snatch it up. Both Eros and I would absolutely love to win the year supply of crickets to ensure that he remains a happy bearded dragon.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by CritterDepot.
      Attachments:

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Beautiful dragon.  Looks like you’re going a great job caring for him.  Sounds like he’s a little picky when it comes to bugs.  Is he better at eating his greens?

DaxWulf
        Participant

We’re getting there with his greens. He’s about 6 months old, and his previous owner hadn’t really started him on greens yet. Right now I’ve gotten him to eat around one green bean or a similar amount of yellow squash. I’ve been offering him the veggies or greens by tweezer, and when he refuses them(which he pretty much always does), I leave them in his bowl for the rest of the day. Doing this, he usually ends up eating at least half of what I leave him, and then I’m still giving him insects every other day in addition to the veggies every day. I’m hoping as I keep trying new things for him that I’ll eventually find something that he really enjoys enough that he’ll eat it better.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

DaxWulf, congratulations!  With 20 Critter Golds, you are the official winner!  Be on the lookout for an email that contains your coupon code for free crickets.  This coupon code can be used 12 times.

Hope Eros has a great time hunting them down!

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});