Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Melissa
      Participant
      Cricket contest

I’m an 9 week old beardie named Rose. I would love to win some crickets. I enjoy chasing them in my enclosure.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Melissa.
      Attachments:

Zoodulcis

I can see why you are called Rose. Do we know for sure that you are a girl?

Melissa
        Participant

Yes! I’m all lady!! Lol My mommy made sure I was! My mom had everything for a girl so here I am! ❤

Zoodulcis

That was very clever of her. May I ask, if this is not too personal, how she is so sure that you are a feminine cutie at this tender young age?

Melissa
          Participant

My breeder uses a light to check sex her dragons. It’s easier to check when they are older without a light. At a younger age a light has to be used because it’s hard to sex without the light. She is a beauty! I fell in love the moment she was available. 😍😍❤

Zoodulcis

Ah, the old shine the light through the body trick. Thanks for that info, I wasn’t aware it was effective on beardies so young. What other treats do you enjoy, Rose, in addition to crickets?

Melissa
          Participant

I enjoy dubias, super woems, silk worms and horn worms. I’m still working on eating greens but I mostly love to chase my food!🏃🏃🏃😎

Zoodulcis

Run dubia, run. Oh wait, that should be…run, Forest, run. Whatever.

Eat your greens, sprinkled with all sorts of good things to make sure you grow up to be a big, beautiful Rose. Oh and by the way, which breeder did you come from?

Melissa
          Participant

Racheal Olan is her breeder. You can find her on Facebook and she also has a group called The Dragon Ranch. Anyone with beardies can join and post pics. She is awesome! Rose’s little feet are fast as a greyhound on those crickets and dubias! Lol

Zoodulcis

Good to know. So many people have recently purchased beardies from big box stores where little support is offered from overworked, underpaid employees that I love being able to send forum members to reputable breeders where there is an actual person with experience providing pets and support. I will put her under the awesome breeders subcategory on this site, since she has your ringing endorsement.

I bet it’s a lot of fun watching her go after those feisty food items. What do you use to gutload her crickets with?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});