Topics Forums Lizards Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

lamb
      Participant
      Cricket contest

My fire skink family, taking a drink at the same time.
      They would love to have crickets for a year to keep healthy and my possibly gravid female would love to pig out lol.

Zoodulcis

As they belly up to the bar, are they maintaining proper social distancing? 😆

When you mean family, is this a male, female, and one offspring unit? I assume so since you have a gravid female.

What made you get interested in fire skinks?

lamb
        Participant

Well it’s more of the untraditional families. One male 2 females lol. But I always loved fire skinks just never was willing to spend too much money on them as most are wild caught. I found a trio online the same price as I see a lot of stores selling one singular. I’m trying to breed them to start some captive bred generations. Idk if she fully gravid, I accidentally walked in on them doing reproductive things last week lol. Hoping these guys can get some votes. My jeweled lacerata got no love lol.

Zoodulcis

I love your philosophy!! And although you have a plig situation with this family (making a Utah joke here, where I worked and taught college classes for quite some time) I think your sensitivity to captive bred vs. wild caught is admirable.

Tip on winning the monthly cricket contest…don’t depend on other forum members to see you across the finish line. Share stories and information with them, you betcha, but really, you are all in competition with each other. If you are determined to win, get your friends and family to log on and give you a critter gold. Do you belong to a reptile fancier’s society? Then get them involved. It seems to take around 35 to win. A lot, I know, but by gum, someone manages to pull it off every month for the last 3 months. Maybe on lockdown, they’re friendas had nothing better to do! Anyway, that is my advice, get your friends excited by your plans and get them to go online for skink-tacular breeding support, with plenty of crickets to make it work!

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});