Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Kristen Miller
      Participant
      Cricket contest

**CRICKET CONTEST**
      My pancake Beastie chilling on her viv entrance. Not sure if she was ready to go back in yet πŸ’žπŸ‰πŸ²

Zoodulcis

Lovely colors. She doesn’t look particularly ready! Have you had her long?

Kristen Miller
        Participant

About 2 months I believe. Today is her first vet appt! I’m excited!

Zoodulcis

Well she is a beautiful creature. I’m assuming she was a lockdown pet. Since she seems to be a pretty mature girl, not a little tiny hatchling, I’m wondering if she is a rescue? Although some people have had to give up their pets, just as many seem to be taking them on. It all depends on people’s individual circumstances, as I am seeing every day on the forum. So I am just curious. Is the purpose of the vet check a clean bill of health or germane to a particular concern?

Kristen Miller
          Participant

Thank u 😊 She’s not a rescue. She’s about 3-4 months old. I got her from a pet store but I have done loads of research to make sure she thrives. The vet visit was to make sure she is doing fine. I personally wanted to confirm she is a she too lol. She is!!

Zoodulcis

She looks so big for her age!! I am glad that she is quite well. Nice for your peace of mind as well. More reptile owners should be that conscientious.

I have nothing against small, well run family pet stores. Some of them are really knowledgable and careful to sell only healthy animals from reputable breeders. It is the big box stores I have issues with. They pay poorly, have a high turnover and poor working conditions, and often buy from reptile mills. Their staff often have no idea what to tell customers about proper care for their new pet. That said, and I almost hate to ask now, where did you get her?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});