Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Sarah
      Participant
      Cricket contest

Drago is a fun run around the cage type boyo, he loves sleeping on my arm or my chest, if not then he has to have something that has my scent or he won’t sleep hes very clingy, and loves being out and about running around my bed or his cage

Zoodulcis

That’s really interesting that he is so bonded to you and your scent! How did you finally figure out what he needed?

Sarah
        Participant

When he would be out of his cage he would press against me and be happier, and fall asleep, he wouldn’t really sleep when I put him in his cage until I put one of my shirts lining the bottom, now he sleeps on it every night, until I turn his lights back on.

Zoodulcis

I think that is the first time I have heard of a pet reptile being so bonded to scent. It’s almost like he’s imprinted on you. How old was he when you acquired him?

Sarah
          Participant

Roughly just getting to 1 month, I’ve held him from the day I got him, and I’ll usually hold him at least twice a day

Sarah
          Participant

I’ve had him since he was a month *

Zoodulcis

That’s pretty young. That sort of intense handling is something most owners don’t do, so that may explain the apparent imprinting. That’s fascinating in that it may have changed his young brain, possibly forever. What fun! How old is he now?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});