Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Brandon Hummell
      Participant
      Cricket contest

This is Jeri my female veiled chameleon baby. She will soon have a panther chameleon as her neighbor. Her favorite foods are mealworms and crickets and has a very trusting personality.

Zoodulcis

She looks like a mellow cutie. She doesn’t look very old. Have you had her long?

Brandon Hummell
        Participant

She is very sweet and has no issues trusting me and days from my hand every morning. I’ve had her for just about 2 weeks. She was the newest addition to my reptile collection.

Zoodulcis

Is she a product of coronavirus lockdown, or had you planned on her for quite some time? You mentioned acquiring a Panther soon. How many others and what kinds of reptiles do you have as well as Jeri, if I may ask?

Brandon Hummell
          Participant

I have always wanted a chameleon so I decided to splurge and just do it! Best decision I’ve ever made. I am breeding ball pythons so I have 11 ball pythons (and 9 eggs) and 2 BCI boas. I love each one of them. I’m going to get my panther today actually!

Zoodulcis

Ball pythons are the best! How is that new Panther doing?

Brandon Hummell
          Participant

They actually didn’t have any panthers so I ended up with a male veiled. It works out because I can breed them when they’re old enough!

Zoodulcis

He’s lovely! Good call. He seems older than the female. Have you introduced them to each other yet?

Brandon Hummell
          Participant

Thank you! He’s a few months older I’m sure. No I haven’t introduced them yet I think I will wait until she’s bigger so that she’s not so unsure of her surroundings.

Zoodulcis

Probably wise. There are other forum members who are successfully breeding these guys and they are having clutches of 10 and 11 hatchlings. That’s a lot of mouths to feed! But it does seem to be great fun for them. Do you think this might turn into a business for you one day?

Brandon Hummell
          Participant

Oh man 10-11 is nothing. I’ve seen clutches of upwards of 70 hatchlings. I’m hoping it will turn into a business but not full time. It will be more of a hobby with the benefit of producing some amazing animals.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});