Topics Forums Lizards Cricket contest

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Eric Skibba 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    Posts 5 Favorite
    Eric Skibba
    Participant
    Cricket contest

Is it time to eat?

Zoodulcis

OMG, Larry, Mo and Curly! They do look like their getting a little hungry. How old and are they all related to each other?

Eric Skibba
      Participant

The one on bottom is Jack, the next one is Moana,and the top one is Priscilla. The females are around 18 months, and the Male is 3-4 years old. all three are Chinese water dragons, and no they’re not related. this was actually shortly after we got the females and they came together so flawlessly I was amazed

Zoodulcis

That is great that they get along so well! Sounds like there might be little water dragons in your future. Will you be breeding and selling?

Eric Skibba
      Participant

Yes, and we have are first clutch just a few days ago, so we’re hoping. I’ve always loved water dragons 😁

Zoodulcis

Holy Water Dragons Batman! How many in this clutch?

Eric Skibba
    Participant

8 eggs from Moana

Zoodulcis

Good girl, Moana. How long until the blessed event?

Eric Skibba
      Participant

Hopefully in the beginning of May

Zoodulcis

Have you had CWD for most of your life?

Eric Skibba
      Participant

What do mean by cwd? I’ve only known chronic waste disease, and that would be a no, except for wasting time lol

Zoodulcis

Hah!!! No, in this case it stands for Chinese Water Dragon. Sorry, that is a familiar acronym to me in the reptile world. But now that you mention it, I realize that Chronic Wasting Disease, which I am familiar with when it comes to deer and elk, would, of course, have the same initials for that acronym. Is there any chance that you live west of the Mississippi?

Eric Skibba
      Participant

Oh hahaha I’ve been a hunter all my life so the chronic waste disease made sense to me, and I’m just a baby in the reptile world. I’m new to having a CWD and still learning a lot, and even newer to attempting to breed them as well 😬 I also have a couple beardies I’m trying to breed.

Zoodulcis

Well I’m glad you have not had Chronic Wasting Disease most of your life! That was a very funny miscommunication.

Breeding beardies and CWD. What made you decide to get into this as a business/hobby?

Eric Skibba
      Participant

I’m located in the great northwest. My wife asked me the same question when I presented the idea lol and idk I just enjoy the breeds, thought it would be fun to do, and felt the spirit was leading me in this direction, time will tell once I get through the process.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like as good a reason as any! We would love to hear more about hatching adventures. Sounds like you’re going to be needing a lot of crickets pretty soon!

Zoodulcis

Have your beardies/beardy laid any eggs yet?

Eric Skibba
      Participant

Not yet, but hopefully soon! She’s definitely gravid and been digging around lately so hopefully just a matter of time

Zoodulcis

Fingers crossed and then big drumroll!

Eric Skibba
      Participant

Anticipation is a killer