Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket Contest

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Shae
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

I’m a semi new gecko mom, and this is my handsome boy Leo lounging in his moss.😊 I am absolutely in love with him already!
      Also, please don’t mind that piece of skin, he was in the middle of shedding, but I thought he looked so freaking cuteπŸ˜… I mean look at that smile!!😍😩😩

Zoodulcis

He is so terribly freakin’ cute! And he is right where he needs to be during shedding. Are you misting that sphagnum moss a couple of times per day?

Shae
        Participant

Thank you! And yes I am, he now has a new dig box / moist hide that has eco earth and the moss mixed together which he is loving!

Zoodulcis

Is he your second Gecko?

Shae
        Participant

Kinda sorta.. He’s my first leopard gecko but I’ve had an array of other lizards and reptiles over the years.

Zoodulcis

Ah ha! I see, so new to Leopard geckos, but not reptile keeping. May I ask what other critters you have enjoyed being pet mom to?

Shae
        Participant

Oh gosh a lot.
        2 ball pythons
        fish
        dogs
        cats
        hamsters
        anonles
        skinks
        turtles
        I think that’s all of them lol

Zoodulcis

Ball pythons are awesome, I must admit. Say, I noticed in the photo that your guy’s shedding hide has sharp edges. Some keepers have had some unfortunate injuries due to that with their Leos. I would happy to see your happy boy tear his new skin. Just thought it worth a mention. And if it is soft styrofoam, it may not matter.

Shae
        Participant

The container he’s in in the picture is soft styrofoam & in the new dig box I made him a few days ago, it’s plastic but I hot glued any sharp edges so he can’t hurt himself.

Viewing 4 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});