Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

dlalania
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Meet Liz, our class pet! Liz is celebrating Read across America week with her 3rd grade friends by reading her favorite book! Help Liz and her teacher by voting so she can win some free crickets!!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by dlalania.

Zoodulcis

Liz looks like a fan of great literature. The best way to get that cricket prize is to get all of the students to log in give a Critter Gold.

I notice that Liz is housed on sand. That can have health and safety implications. May I suggest referring to the care guide provided by this site to get an idea of the best substrates to use so that Liz has a long and happy life?

dlalania
        Participant

Thanks so much! The class and I are learning about being good parents for our beardie together! I know in the picture the floor looks like real sand but it is the felt like material that came with his terrarium.

Zoodulcis

Sorry, it does indeed look like sand. I wondered why it was so smooth!

I can’t tell from the picture, but does he have access to UVB light? Classroom lighting alone will not be sufficient to prevent metabolic bone disease. If his supplements contain D3, then that will help a lot. Still, at his age, a UVB lamp might be prudent, and if his supplements do have D3, he shouldn’t need extra UVB over the weekend when the classroom is unoccupied.

dlalania
        Participant

Yes, in the far left corner he has a heat light and uv light! The school turns off all heat and air at night so he goes home with me everyday where he has another habitat! I tried a timer at first but was still scared the electricity would go out and then came winter so I really didn’t want to leave him!

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});