Topics Forums Lizards Cricket contest

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite
      Cricket contest

8 month old CWD Relaxing under the waterfall..We purchased Draco from a franchise pet store on January 12th, he was in a small box from August till the day we got him. Draco was glass surfing that whole time and damaged his nose and broke his jaw. We can now say he is happy now even though he has the face problems.

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

He is a real cutey. His experience with the pet store is why I constantly rag on forum members not to patronize them. Draco is very lucky to have you. Will you be crafting him his very own custom habitat when he gets to be big dragon?

Thank you. Yeah we are planning his enclosure out now. We have an area that is built in to the wall that we are going to utilize. Rough dimensions are 6’x2’x6′ we will add a pond with a filter. We will post pictures and videos on his Instagram page.

Zoodulcis

He’s going to have his own Instagram page! Too cute. Sounds like your wall nook will be ideal. Do you think there will be sanitization issues with a habitat that is surrounded by solid walls? Maybe I’m not picturing this correctly.

We will be building the enclosure into that spot. Having a Sanitize issue shouldn’t be a problem, as we build it things may change.

Zoodulcis

I’m curious, will you have a water filtration system for the aquatic side?

Yeah a canister 3 stage filter. Good up to a 30 gallon aquarium.

Zoodulcis

Which brand, if I may ask, and have you used it before?

I think it’s polar Aurora, I’ll have to check. No, I haven’t used it before but it has decent reviews on Amazon. Trial and error on the filter side.

Zoodulcis

When the time comes, please let us know what you think of your system overall, such as what has worked well and things that you would or are changing. How long do you think it will be before he is big enough to require new digs?

Yeah sure, I’ll post some updates periodically. He is probably a yr or so from needing a permanent home but We are starting the build this weekend. Not sure on the time frame as I’ll only have the weekend to do the work.

Zoodulcis

Oh wow, you’re starting it this weekend! Would love to see pix as the construction progresses.

Viewing 6 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});