Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Zoodulcis 5 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author
    Posts 3 Favorite
    Alphamare13
    Participant
    Cricket Contest

Mushu is approximately 7 months old now and is a rather social guy! He’s very friendly and “rarely” puffs up his beard….unless, he notices his reflection, lol! (Hence, this picture 😂)….
    and then he decided to just keep posing as my daughter continued to snap pictures)
    #mushuthemodel

Zoodulcis

Who dat? Who dat? Oh Mushu, you silly boy. Still, he is such a handsome lad. Good to see you again.

Did he do much brumation this winter? I am curious, since different keepers are having very different experiences with that for their beardies all over the country. Always nice to get feedback by geographic area at this time of the year.

Alphamare13
      Participant

No, I guess not because I was reading through some online forums on brumation and whether or not males go into it….I must have misunderstood what I read earlier because I “thought” it was only a female thing; but what I’ve read lately is that it’s more like a hibernation state?….so if that’s the case; then no brumation for Mushu, lol. He’s up and looking for food on a regular basis. However, I do live in Florida and we don’t have much of a winter at all! Our cold weather only last a few months and it never stays cold the whole time; temps fluctuate between “Floridian” cold and fall weather so I would imagine that has alit to do with it. 😀

Zoodulcis

Yep its a beardie thing regardless of gender. Living in Florida means your house seldom gets cold enough to trigger this response. Thanks for letting us know that he is a 12-months-of-the-year active kinda guy. Does his appetite fall-off a bit in winter, or is he full bore in that regard as well?