Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Craig Bean
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Puff showing off her beautiful colors. She loves to chill on the back of the couch.

Zoodulcis

Puff is looking really contented and blazing in technicolor! Does she lounge on the back of the couch every night?

Craig Bean
        Participant

Yes. She sits on the back of the couch almost every day.

John D Mason
      Participant

sent you a credit. Hope it helps. I love bearded. Mine is Buddy changing channels. Mine is more orange but love the colors on yours. We got lucky. I like yellow and orange. Have a great day

Zoodulcis

It seems as though she is really friendly and relaxed. Have you had her all her life?

Craig Bean
        Participant

No. I run the bearded dragon rescue. We talked on the last post I did of her. She was never handled and didn’t like to be handled. Now she loves to be handled. She will sit with me for hours if I would sit still long enough.

Zoodulcis

Oh that’s right. Since it was not part of this thread and I respond to so many forum members I forgot. A couple of rescue related questions, if you don’t mind. Do you rescue and rehome any of your dragons? If so, how do you advertise and how do you choose a good fit between the adoptor and the adoptee?

Craig Bean
        Participant

I rescue them and try to rehome them. I have them for a minimum of 90 days. If after 90 days they are ready to go, I will start to look to rehome them. I don’t really advertise. I am not in a hurry to get rid of the dragons. I only adopt dragons out to people who have experience with bearded dragons. I never adopt out to a first-time owner. Too many have lead to having to be rescued again due to improper care. I keep a close eye on all the beardies I adopt out.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like a pretty wise policy. What are the biggest mistakes that 1st-time owner’s make, in your opinion? My thought is that they think they are maintenance-free (haha). What are your thoughts on that?

Craig Bean
        Participant

The main issue I find with first-time owners is the lack of knowledge. I find a lot of people just do not research the type of animal they want before they get it. The issue I run into the most is improper lighting. Whether not having a UVB light or improper heating.

Viewing 5 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});