Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest – December 2019 Winner!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 1 Favorite

Yikes
      Participant
      Cricket contest – December 2019 Winner!

This is my kid’s dragon Sandman. They love watching him chase crickets and ht loves eating them. We have had him a couple months.

Zoodulcis

Cute decor. Sandman seems to like it. You mentioned you have had him for a couple of months. How old is he now?

Yikes
      Participant

I think he is about 5-6 months. The store couldn’t tell me exactly how old he was. My sister-in-law has one and encouraged me to get one. Her’s is about 10 months.

Zoodulcis

So what do you think so far? Will the kids take proper care of him? That is always an issue when a first-time beardie owner with children gets into the full routine of recommended care for these wonderful guys.

Do you gut load his crickets? I have found that explaining the need for that to children is a wonderful opportunity for them to learn about certain aspects of science, such as physiology. It gives them an ‘ah ha’ moment and also gives them motivation to help with the animal’s welfare from an informed perspective.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Yikes – with a stunning 36 Critter Golds, you are the official winner for the month of December 2019! Be on the lookout for an email that contains your coupon code for free crickets. This coupon code can be used 12 times.

Hope Sandman enjoys them!

Yikes
      Participant

They have been doing a really good job when they help. I’ve mostly been doing it. I’ve been feeding the crickets that we have the same foods that I’ve been feeding him ex- mustard greens, turnip greens, bell pepper, squash, broccoli, cucumber, a touch of bee pollen, regular potato and sweet potato. I think that is what I have read about gut loading. Feed the crickets the same yummy stuff that the bearded dragon would eat. You are what you eat right?

Yikes
      Participant

OMG we are so excited to get him some yummy crickets! Now he will grow to be nice and big. Thank you so much!!

Viewing 6 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});