Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket Contest

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Zoodulcis 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Posts 3 Favorite
    Barton73
    Participant
    Zoodulcis

If this was boy I would be tempted to call him ‘The Scarlet Pimpernel!’ She is certainly soaking up the rays. What brand of light is that?

Barton73
      Participant

Zoo med

Zoodulcis

Do they last pretty well?

Barton73
        Participant

I leave it on 24/7 and it last a couple months. Was buying from pet smart but found cheaper on Amazon.

Zoodulcis

That is very good to know. I am a little surprised it only lasts a couple of months, but if it’s on all the time that makes sense. Most keepers recommend turning the light off for at least 10 hours very night. I am curious as to why you keep yours on all the time. Is it for the warmth?

Barton73
        Participant

For heat. My wife keeps it pretty chilly in our house. But I take that back it does turn off with the daylights that I have on a timer.

Zoodulcis

Oh that’s good. It is what most people do and it seems to work best for their lizard’s longevity. It is something that I do too. I do have an undertank pad for when I have reptiles (which I don’t right now), as in winter my house can get down to 55 degrees, which is WAY too cold for any self-respecting poikilothermic pet. But diurnal animals do like darkness at night. That pad makes everybody happy and healthy, with natural sleep cycle maintained.