• Author
    Posts Favorite

Jennifer
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Ricky likes sunbathing outside.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

This pic gives me major deja vu. I’m sure Ricky loves the year-long sunshine. We’re getting pretty cold in the north east right now, and I’d never take our reps outside this time of year. What part of the country are you in?

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

Ricky is awfully photogenic. How old?

Jennifer
          Participant

Thank you! I believe Ricky is somewhere between 1 to 2 months old in this picture.

Zoodulcis

He did look like a youngster in this shot. How old is he right now?

Jennifer
          Participant

Ricky is between 6 to 7 months now.

Zoodulcis

I bet he is eating his fair share of crickets these days. How many per week do you think he chows on?

Jennifer
          Participant

He eats at least 10 or more crickets a day. He would probably eat more if I let him, but I like to mix in dubia roaches, mealworms, and hornworms into his diet just to give him some variety.

Zoodulcis

You sound like a very caring keeper. What do you gut load his food items with?

Jennifer
          Participant

The dubias and crickets get some roach and cricket nutrient-dense feed and those water crystals as a water source. The hornworms get hornworm chow and the mealworms get oatmeal and carrot slices.

Zoodulcis

Hornworm chow! Cool. Any particular brand that you/they prefer?

Jennifer
          Participant

I actually do not have any preference. All of the hornworm chows I have tried have not set up correctly.

Zoodulcis

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean by ‘set-up correctly.’ Can you describe the problem with these mixes?

Jennifer
        Participant

Yes, I definitely agree! We’re getting kind of cold in the southeast as well, but I like to take Ricky out whenever we have a warmer day.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});