Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

Alphamare13
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

”Basking after breakfast”…..
      This is Mushu, my 4 month old dragon…he’s such a handsome little guy, isn’t he? 😀 He’s a very sweet boy who LOVES to eat! He’s currently eating about 60 crickets/day plus a salad! But so far, he only likes watercress, dandelion greens and yellow squash! He also enjoys being petted, held and snuggling in his blanket after bath time! Oh yeah, AND he loves his log!!!….he can be found on it most of the time and DOES not like it being moved!!! #❤️beardiesuniquepersonalities

Zoodulcis

Mushu sounds like he has a wonderfully diverse diet. Watercress is a great choice, just be sure to always wash it thoroughly. Because of the way it is commercially produced, it is unlikely to harbor pesticide residue but likely to harbor pathogens.

I hope Mushu knows that his mommy loves him enough to go to the trouble of balancing his diet. Do you dust his veggies with a supplement?

Zoodulcis

I hope I am answering the right post here. It seems you are concerned about the number of dead crickets on arrival.

I know that here in Colorado we have been blessed with record-setting cold for October. Wednesday and Thursday were the worst. I am wondering if by Friday the crickets handled on the east coast had been exposed to too much cold by the carrier? This is a question for the Critter Depot sensai.

I am also wondering if they were exposed to extreme cold in shipping, lived, and then were not given sufficient extra warmth or nutrients to get them back on their little legs once they arrived? I know I have been struggling with this myself with other animals for this last week, but fortunately I am not new at this. Also, I am not sure whether a .07% mortality is normal at this time of year or not. My guess is that it probably is, but no reason not to ask the boss for clarity.

Hope this was a little helpful.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});