Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

privera
      Participant
      Cricket contest

This is Ozzy. He is the cutest little leopard gecko and he knows it. Just look at that smile. We have another leopard gecko named Sharon but she isn’t as photogenic as Ozzy but they both love crickets.

privera
      Participant

And this was a picture of him when we first got him we have since changed the substrate in his tank. A sales person from a pet store gave us false information but we now know better.

Zoodulcis

He is a cutey and I am SO glad that you replaced the sand. Pet shop people often tell customers sand is fine. It makes me wonder how much they really know or care about the animals they sell. Afterall, if the pet dies, perhaps you will come back to the store and buy another one. Harrumph, harrumph….that’s me being a curmudgeon.

privera
          Participant

If you dont mind me asking, what is your recommended substrate for leopard geckos? We are using the reptile carpet but I’m not sure if I like it.

Zoodulcis

That is a pretty lengthy and important question. Some people really like reptile carpet because of ease of removal. I don’t care for the way it looks. But it is safe and sanitary. For a lazy person like myself, I prefer to frontload the effort of cleaning by using a bioactive setup. Lots of up front design and logistics, but after that, the system cleans itself. The substrate for a bioactive system does need to be comprised of particles large enough not to be ingested easily. However, if they are, they are much more likely to pass through the digestive system at some point before causing impaction. Inorganic matter just sits there and builds up in many cases. Besides, bioactive systems are just a lot prettier!

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});