Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 5 Favorite

jayandlily
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Say hi to my bearded dragon, Thorn. He is a devilish little boy who loves to run around the house with his tail in the air. He loves to sleep in dark corners and especially loves sleeping on my daughter’s neck with her hair covering his face. Thorn would love to win a supply of crickets for a year. Thorn has a hearty appetite and loves his crickets!

Zoodulcis

Thorn looks like he has a pretty sweet set-up in his habitat.  How old is he?

jayandlily
        Participant

Almost 5 months.

Zoodulcis

He has some growing to do yet. How many crickets does he currently consume per week?

jayandlily
          Participant

He eats about 30 crickets per feeding. He is currently being fed 2 times a day. It’s amazing how much he has grown since we got him. He is such a fun little guy.

Zoodulcis

No wonder he is growing quickly! And no wonder you need free crickets. What do you gut-load his crickets with at this time?

jayandlily
          Participant

I am not sure if I am gut loading them right. I give them vegetables, fruit, cricket food, and watering gels.

Zoodulcis

Be sure that the cricket food contains plenty of protein. Also, check for its calcium content. If he does not have a UVB bulb, the crickets need to be gut loaded with a supplement with D3, or dusted with the supplement just before use.

jayandlily
          Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});