• Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

Alphamare13
      Participant
      Cricket contest

Mushu

My 3 1/2 mos old beardie! ❤️

Zoodulcis

A really nice looking youngster. Is Mushu easy to handle?

Alphamare13
        Participant

Thank you! ❤️ And yes, he is quite easy to handle. Especially after he gets done soaking…..I wrap him in a tiny baby blanket as I’m talking to him and he just chills out…… he seems to love it.

Zoodulcis

It’s funny how much beardie’s enjoy a bath.  So many keepers on this forum have commented on their enjoyment and how mellow they are afteward.  It makes me wonder if bathing might be a secret weapon in getting a nervous or cranky beardie, maybe rescue with previously poor treatment, to settle down a bit.  An opinion on that?

Alphamare13
      Participant

I agree, it might just be a secret weapon for “chilling out” a beardie, lol. 😀…..I’d say, it’s sure worth a try anyway because it certainly won’t hurt anything. Oh and I have noticed this, with each bath and consistent handling, he becomes more and more relaxed! 🦎❤️

Zoodulcis

My guess is that the relaxation response is the key.  It lowers cortico-adrenal stress from being handled and puts him a better head space for several hours afterward.  I assume as an adult, he would just become so habituated to handling that he would be super chill, whether a bath was involved or not.  Is he your first beardie?

Viewing 4 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});