Topics Forums Everything Else Cricket contest

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 5 Favorite

4crazyhawk
      Participant

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

What is that?!?!  He/she’s adorable.  Do you breed them?  Oh man, how big do those claws get, wow

4crazyhawk
      Participant

Addie is one of 6 of my sugar bears /glider she is getting a bedtime story , I do have one breeding pair. And as long as ya maintain the claws  Not big at all

Zoodulcis

I have always wanted a sugar glider.  Those faces!  Do you just clip the claws with a human nail trimmer?

4crazyhawk
      Participant

Yes I use typical nail clippers that we use on our nails. Rather easy

Zoodulcis

I thought you probably did.  How many crickets will a glider consume per month?

4crazyhawk
        Participant

I purchase 500 a month and if I fall short I purchase an extra 150 a petsmart until my next order is delivered  But the average is 500. They tend to like the adults.. And others are to small. They inhale the smaller crickets. I have six with a breeding pair.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by 4crazyhawk.

Zoodulcis

That’s a lot of crickets! No wonder a free supply for a year would come in handy, yikes.  What got you started with sugar gliders?

4crazyhawk
        Participant

I heard an add on the radio, and I could not have a dog where I live because the pastor I rent from had a rescue pitbul that could not be around other animals  So I went and fell in love with these nuggets and bought 2. Then I ended up thru the years rescuing those in need  Now I have 6  and my first two are celebrities around town  in church and at the VA  they are the greatest therapy ever. They are with me all day.

The ones that stay home are in my cowboy boots sleeping or my saddle bags sleeping  Needless to say my bike ne8new saddle bags

Zoodulcis

I bet they are hit of the VA!  Are they official therapy animals or just welcome visitors for whoever is around?  Are they emotional support animals for you, in your opinion?

4crazyhawk
        Participant

They can be registered as theropy animals  I take mine everywhere and I have no issues. If anyone complains I just put them away in my shirt. But women has it easy  Because I trained my Joe’s to be bra babies  They will sleep in a bra all day

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by 4crazyhawk.

Zoodulcis

Oh that was totally LOL for me just now.  I bet that gets a lot of comments. Do you take them into grocery stores?  I can remember when supermarkets would freak out about that sort of thing, but now it seems to be much more acceptable.

4crazyhawk
        Participant

Yes, grocery stores church, Dr appointments  gym  vertually everywhere

Zoodulcis

Dr. office eh. Has anyone ever objected?  Most people are probably utterly charmed, but there are always those few.

4crazyhawk
        Participant

Not may object  I have had one or two that hate animals object. But I just fight being old an cranky is all it is

Zoodulcis

Although I know that many people who like animals just are not in a position to own pets, I have always been suspicious of people of any age who say they don’t like animals at all.  My experience has been that they are unlikable people just in general.  Just my opinion.

4crazyhawk
          Participant

I have found and observed that people who do not like animals have tortured animals when there your young children, and some teen that have tortured animals end up in prison convicted of violent crimes. Apparently in the psychology journals, those whoabue animals have a psychological illness and will end up very dangerous people if not treated early. They practice on animals and when that rush disappears the move on to bigger subjects to get that rush again. Strange enough animals and some humans that are in tune can sence the evil In a person’s. If an animal doesn’t trust someone. Then be certain you pay attention to that mistrust. I am the same way I can feel like an animal feels and know if someone is trustworthy or not

Zoodulcis

I have read many of the same studies. The study of phenomenon of torture of animals leading to torture and murder of people goes back to Victorian times. After wide acceptance, it was debunked in the 1900s as being unrelated, but now is again considered to be true fairly often. The study in popular, rather than academic, circles goes by the name “The Link”. If you are interested, looking this up online might provide some additional interesting reading, if somewhat disturbing.

Animals do seem to have a sense of evil, but I have seen a sociopath that would gladly kill a person over nothing enjoy the company of cats, and they enjoyed his. Sort of like the Bird Man of Alcatraz thing. So you never know for sure, but most psychologists and sociologists do feel that there is a ‘link’ between early animal abuse and adult violent criminal behavior.

4crazyhawk
          Participant

I agree totally

Viewing 9 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});