• Author
    Posts 7 Favorite

Mattostwald
      Participant
      Cricket  contest

Mango sleeping with her toy.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

ah so nice.  It was hard to see Mango at first.  He was so well blended with that blanket.  How old is he?

Mattostwald
      Participant

She is about 2.5

Zoodulcis

At 2.5 years old, she has probably realized that she is never going to grow up to be a giant duckbill.  But that doesn’t mean she can’t dream about it!  Is Mango an only beardie, or do you have others?

Mattostwald
        Participant

She is the only one right now. We are talking about getting another.

Zoodulcis

Reptiles are oh so solitary, I know, but their people just love to see them together (being as we primates are more social by necessity).  If you do get a boyfriend for her, what are the obvious family ramifications of all that (and that’s me being delicate and sensitive here)?

Mattostwald
        Participant

If and when we decide to get another reptile ( not certain it would be a beardie,) we understand that they are solitary, and the two will not be housed together.

Zoodulcis

So no romance in the wind?

Zoodulcis

Do you think you will opt for a fancy morph, or a plain jane?  If and when the time comes, that is.

Mattostwald
        Participant

As much as I love some of the morphs, It would probably be a rescue like her so I wont be particular.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Mattostwald.

Zoodulcis

Oh, so Mango is a rescue.  Good for you and yes, it is, of course, best to take whatever is available and in need of a good home.  How did Mango come to be with you?

Mattostwald
        Participant

I stumbled across mango on marketplace, the post said free so it caught my eye ( was not free, lol). The lady selling her said that she was unable to take care of her and needed to sell her. I’m glad to have gotten her when I did, her terrarium was disgusting and it didnt even have a uvb light. The lady told me the last one she had died after 3 months. 🤔

Zoodulcis

Yeah really, I wonder why the last one died?  Some people.  Mango is lucky to have you. I take it you have provided her with a UVB lamp? Do you give her calcium with D3 or without?

Mattostwald
          Participant

Yes she has uvb now. Calcium with d3, and a vitamin supliment.

Zoodulcis

Just a quick note…sometimes both a UVB light and calcium with D3 can create health problems with D3 toxicity. Every so often, use a calcium supplement with no D3 just to be one the safe side.

Viewing 7 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});