Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest – September 2019 Winner!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 48 Favorite

kryssia08
      Participant
      Cricket Contest – September 2019 Winner!

This is Mushu. Named after the dragon from Disney’s movie, Mulan. He is the little brother of my dog Stitch. He hates baths and loves to eat!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by CritterDepot. Reason: free cricket winner announcement

Zoodulcis

I think interspecies friendships are so awesome.  Who came first, the pup or the dragon, to your household.  Did they get on right away or did it take some time?

kryssia08
      Participant

Stitch came first! He is 7 years old and Mushu is a couple of months old. Mushu most definitely was scared at first and sometimes when Stitch does certain movements he runs away hahaha. We’re still working on Mushu to get used to people and specially Stitch. Stitch on the other hand did not care. He just smelled him and was like “alright, I’ll leave you alone now” haha. ❤️

Zoodulcis

I wouldn’t be surprised if in a year from now Mushu enjoys sleeping on top of Stitch.  Did you get a beardie to eventually keep the dog company, or just because you just wanted one?

kryssia08
      Participant

I really hope they get to that point! Hahah & I got him because I have always wanted a reptile. Specifically a snake but my mom would have never accepted a snake in her home 🙁 it was hard for her to get used to Mushu too but now she likes him and likes to hold him

Zoodulcis

OK, here is a fun story.  All true.  What parents have to cope with when kids want snakes.

Once upon a time, there was a little girl (me) that had parents that hated snakes (mine).  Because almost all of my family members worked at the San Diego Zoo at some time or the other, we were all exposed to various forms of wildlife.  My cousin holds a PhD in herpetology and loves snakes.  So did I at a young age, to my parent’s horror.

So best story of all….I once found a tiny rattlesnake on the threshold of our country home in southern California.  I saw the snake about one minute before our cat saw it.  It was not going to be a pretty scene for the fat lazy cat, so I scooped the little rattlesnake up in a most professional manner, right behind the jaw and whisked him up and out of harm’s way, and that of the cat.

He, or she, wrapped their tiny little body around my wrist, and with it’s tiny little fangs protruding and its tiny little rattle going like mad, I made the unwise decision to take it INSIDE THE HOUSE to show my parents.  Needless to say, they were not amused. Restriction for a week was the least of my worries.

With that in mind, and with the desire to be the perfect parent, when my daughter announced at the same age that she, randomly, wanted a ball python, I said, “of course.”  I made her earn the money to pay for it, but the snake was a delightful creature that brought much joy to our house.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

reptilelover
      Participant

Love love love when different species get along!

kryssia08
      Participant

Omg I love that story! Hahaha I’m sure that when the time is right, I’ll get a snake and with time my mom will most likely learn to like them. I also plan on doing that with my children. Hahaha gotta earn that money to maintain a reptile. It’s not cheap at all.

kryssia08
      Participant

Thank you! Here’s another picture of them ❤️ Mushu is still a baby and still a little afraid of Stitch. But getting better everyday

Zoodulcis

Only a couple more inches to go and Stitch will be able to brag of sporting the latest in reptilian millinery (hat) fashions!

Ro120
      Participant

Go Mushu!!

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Kryssia08 – with a whopping 48 Critter Golds, you are the official winner for the month of September 2019!  Be on the lookout for an email that contains your coupon code for free crickets.  This coupon code can be used 12 times.

Hope Mushu enjoys them!

kryssia08
      Participant

Yayyy!! Thank you so much, and thanks for the opportunity. Mushu is going to love it ❤️

Kasmarwil
      Participant

Aw i love the names.

Viewing 13 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});