Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

Sammie
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is Bakko. He just turned 2 years old along with his 3 other siblings

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Sammie.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Love the eye color in your picture.  What kind of morph is he?  Do you a regular dragon breeder?

Sammie
      Participant

Oh no, I jst love reptiles! I cldnt tell you what morph they are sorry. I started out with our oldest Male 7 yrs ago, we actually rescued him from a negligent owner and then 2 years ago a friend of mine gave us her female because she had moved and was working too many hours to actually be able to take care of her dragon and she wanted her to have a good home so we were like sure =) then earlier this year we decided to see if the two dragons would get along and possibly mate which they did obviously LOL and this is where we are now. With two adult bearded dragons one male one female and 5 baby bearded dragons sex unknown and a 5′ ball python female  =)

CritterDepot
        Keymaster

wow, that’s great.  And thank you for taking in those bearded dragons.  we see too many people take them in without realizing how much care they need.  you’re clearly doing a great job.  what condition was the first dragon in, and how were you able to help him?

Sammie
      Participant

So there’s no confusion, the little guy in the contest photo IS NOT the one we rescued, it’s one of his (Fred) offspring =) I will upload a photo of Fred from when we 1st got him along with this reply. I will also upload a more recent photo of Fred in my next reply =) At the time we got him he was going on 3 yrs old. We also had his brother but unfortunately he didn’t pull thru =( For almost 3 yrs they lived in the same tank! Fred has a permanent deformity on one of his toes + missing a toe & tip of his tail from fighting with his brother Barnie. Barnie was also missing part of his tail + a couple of toes ( I don’t have a photo of him, sorry but this was almost 8yrs ago ) I honestly do not know how they survived as long as they did.. They somehow managed to live in a 40 gal tank with only a regular incandescent light bulb that kept their tank at most 80°. The owner says they didn’t know they needed special light or that it mattered what food they ate. They said they got the 2 brothers when they were about 1 yr old. So for basically 2 yrs they fed them iceberg lettuce as their main diet and crickets maybe once a month!!!

Sammie
      Participant

Here is a photo of Fred now =)

Sammie
        Participant

This is Fred inside of his tank =) the other photo was the outside swimming tank

CritterDepot
          Keymaster

wow, what a difference!  we can’t preach this enough, that bearded dragon’s need special care, and we’re glad you have a good understanding on what care they need.  I can’t believe the previous owner?!  i’m trying not to get mad… haha

And that’s further proof why bearded dragons shouldn’t live with each other.  this is slightly controversial, because i know reputable owners that think it’s ok, but they’re naturally an independent species and prefer their own space.  Which is why the brothers were fighting so often, causing damage to each other.  they were literally trying to kill each other.  clearly, Fred was the victor, and has begun to repopulate the planet lol

Sammie
      Participant

This is Fred’s offspring, well 3 out of 5 of them anyways =)

Viewing 5 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});