Topics Forums Crested Geckos Cricket Contest

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 4 Favorite

BiotoxicExotics
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Did somebody say crickets?

This is our Lilly white group of crested geckos, “Venom” and “eleanor” were imported all the way from the United Kingdom from the founders of the lilly gene, Lilly Exotics.  Annaliesa is the beautiful yellow lilly and she was imported from our friends over at Northern gecko in Canada.

When breeding Lilly’s roughly 50% of offspring will have the lilly gene and the other half will be “normal” crested geckos. Venom will be a breeder soon and have a few ladies lined up for him already . Annaliesa and Eleanor will be ready to breed next season..Feel free to ask any questions about him or anything crested related and I’ll do my best to help. Thanks and have a awesome day!

Thanks,

Ryan and Family

Zoodulcis

OMG, I have so many questions.  To start with, how true is the white coverage for the 50% that do express the gene? That is, would you expect that 50% to all be just as ‘lilly white’ as the ones in the pictures?  Or do you find that some of the white gene expression is much stronger in that 50% among certain individuals than others?  And also, and this is a super cheeky question, so feel free to ignore it, how much do some of these specialty color morphs cost, as a rule?

BiotoxicExotics
        Participant

The LW gene can very heavily (low expression and high expression are quick terms to describe how much of the trait that animal is displaying) in terms of coverage, pattern, base color, and how white it gets. The LW and the normal it is breeding to play a vital roll in what will be produced.
        As far as pricing, a low expression but still pretty hatchling will run in the $500 range. Our male LW Venom is valued at $5k+ conservatively. Highest priced hatchlings I see right now are in the 2.5k range with the majority in the $600-1100 range and you can and will absolutely find some top quality creatures in that price range.

Venom attached for reference.

Zoodulcis

Some pricey pets, but those colors are worth it to those who can pay.  At those prices, do you insure your reptiles? And if so, who with and are you happy with them?

BiotoxicExotics
        Participant

Just through my renters insurance. No regular medical insurance or anything if that’s what you were asking. I’ll attach a pic or some of my “normal” crested geckos.

The_Reptile_Life

Wow! They are gorgeous! Do you exclusively breed crested geckos? Have or will you breed other  New Caledonia geckos?

BiotoxicExotics
        Participant

Thank you for the kind words!   Currently crested geckos are the only species we work with (I just started obtaining high end cresties this year, only had pet geckos previously)   We need a few more females for some creative projects, then we have every intention of working with other New Caledonia species. Trying to decide on which to dive into next, chahoua is kind of tugging at my heart….but so are gargs and leachies haha

How about you, any special creatures in your life?

The_Reptile_Life

I actually just got my first crested gecko. I’ve worked with them before but never brought one home with me until a week ago. My other pets include two red tail boas, a spiny softshell turtle, and a dachshund. I am crossing my fingers to get a chameleon or a day gecko. Any of the  New Caledonia geckos are a great option for breeding. People love them (for good reason) and they sell really well. Do you have any other pets?

BiotoxicExotics
          Participant

Very cool! Sounds like you have some neat friends at the house 🙂

Couple of kids, wife, cresties and a couple of dogs right now is all we are currently housing haha (American terrier rescue around 10? and a Golden retriever  pup at 6 months old, had to put down my best dang friend ever last year he was a 14 y/o Golden, Buddy)

Have had several other wiggly things that have resided with me through our the years. We are wanting to add some pet snakes SOON! Wife is actually super on board with the snake idea,so not much persuasion needed lol

The_Reptile_Life

I’m sorry to hear about Buddy. They really become family and it’s always hard to say goodbye. Snakes are great pets. I’d recommend corn snakes or king snakes. Those two are probably at the top of my list for beginners. What are you thinking of getting?

BiotoxicExotics
          Participant

I appreciate it and most definitely.
          <p style=”text-align: left;”>Still have a lot of research to do on exactly what snake to settle on, but am currently favoring BP’s and I like the rainbow boas, among lots others haha.  I’ll look into your recommendations,  thanks.</p>

Have a good evening and chat soon

(Eleanor pic attached , female lilly in top right of contest pic)

Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});