Topics Forums Everything Else Cricket Contest

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

jleasure0614
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Spike loves his baths almost as much as his crickets!

Zoodulcis

If you live in New York City, be sure to put Spike in his bath today.  He will really, really love you for it.  He does look happy in his spa.  How old is he?

jleasure0614
      Participant

5 months!

Zoodulcis

Spike is pretty hefty for 5 months. Besides crickets, obviously, what else are you feeding him?

jleasure0614
      Participant

Ok I admit my math was off a little. When we got him in April we were told he was about 3-4 weeks. He’s 10″ long so he’s about 4 months. I feed him crickets, collard greens, green beans, and occasionally mealworms and strawberries.

Zoodulcis

4 months makes his rate of growth even more impressive.  Good diet, sounds balanced.  What sort of supplements do you dust his food with?

jleasure0614
      Participant

Flukers repta calcium with vitamin D. 3-4 times per week.

Zoodulcis

Another consumer of Flukers!  So far that makes this product the hands-down favorite among herp fanciers.  Do you have a UVB lamp for Spike?

jleasure0614
      Participant

Absolutely. They must have UVB.

Zoodulcis

I agree completely that D3 is critical for perfect health and max longevity.  Some readers have wondered if having a UVB lamp and adding a D3 supplement is too much and may lead long term to a D3 toxicity response in the beardie.  What is your opinion on that and why, if I may ask?

Viewing 9 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});