Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

Kdavis2012
      Participant
      Cricket contest

Hello! Medusa here,

I’m the new dragon on the block. Mom is eager to win me lots of bugs. Between myself, Draco (the big dragon) and the gecko with the attitude, she goes through a lot of crickets. So, winning a cricket contest would be the best thing to ever happen in lizard land.

See ya,

Medusa

Zoodulcis

A classic mythology name for your girl, but why the unflattering reference to the creature with the snakes for hair?  I’m sure you have a reason for this unusual name and I am curious as to what the story is.  Does Medusa hang out with Draco, or is she too little for his company yet?  Are you planning on breeding them?

Kdavis2012
      Participant

Medusa is actually a monster truck and was named by my 5 year old son. He/she is definitely too small to hang out with Draco. As far as breeding goes, I’m undecided.

Zoodulcis

So this may be a complete ‘Boy Named Sue’ pet naming moment.  You have a girl with a boy’s name and possibly a boy with a girl’s name.  That’s what happens when kids name pets.  I’m glad my daughter is way too old to have a say in pet naming any longer.  Are you guys spending time handling Medusa at this stage?

Kdavis2012
      Participant

Yes, we handle Medusa every day. These are my first 2 bearded dragons and I absolutely love them! I’m hoping to get to a reptile show or connect with a reputable breeder in the future to find other colors.

Zoodulcis

Oh awesome…reptile shows are a hoot.  If you do get a chance to get to one, could you take a few pix and give your overall impressions of prices, helpfulness of vendors, health of the animals and so forth.  I would love it if we could steer readers away from big box pet stores for the purchase of pets and on toward reputable breeders.  Nobody can deny the convenience of the big boxes, but still, it’s way better for the overall health and reputation of the pet industry to buy directly from someone who knows their breeds/species like the back of their hand.

Kdavis2012
      Participant

Absolutely! I’m in Ohio and there is a show once a month at the Franklin county fairgrounds in Hilliard. I will definitely give some feedback once I have attended.

Viewing 6 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});